What exactly Kendo UI is ?
- HTML5 (It is the latest version of HTML specification whose goal is to standardize the way developers code)
- CSS3 (Latest version of CSS specification, provides genx functionality to style a web application)
Now we know what Kendo UI is, its time to know what does Kendo UI provides.
What Does Kendo UI provides ?
Kendo UI provides extensive collection of rich UI widgets, these are HTML5 controls based on jQuery, supported by all current browsers as well as having broad support for all the browsers. It has 3 categories of UI widgets :
- Web – these are widgets for web and touch enabled desktop development, it has full featured grid with paging, sorting, filtering and custom templates, tree view, rich text editor and lot more.
- DataViz – these are also called data visualization widgets, used for development of desktop websites as well as mobile websites, these are usually used for representing data which includes charts and gauges
- Mobile – these feature an adaptive rendering technology which displays a truly native feel for iOS, Android and Blackberry, this include controls such as scroll view, tab strip, list view, buttons, navigation bars etc.
Why Kendo UI ?
Now the question may arise why Kendo UI and not other available tools, first of all Kendo UI provides all the tools you need in one package so there is no need to go and download half a dozen of libraries to make your web application look better, it also provides different part of toolset to work more efficiently together. Next is performance, Kendo UI has been developed from ground to up with performance in mind and no shortcuts have been taken along the way, this has resulted in a extremely performing toolset. Lastly is support, Kendo UI is product of popular component vendor, other have community support for their product but Kendo UI has a proper professional support for itself.
Browser support is crucial when choosing any type of web tool, there is nothing worse then finding a perfect tooling for the solution. A lot of intelligence is put into the development of Kendo UI to support vast majority of browsers and browser versions. Kendo UI is officially supported on :
- IE 7.0 +
- Firefox 10.0+
- Chrome all versions
- Opera 10.0+
- Safari 4.0+
With the broad support of Kendo UI you can be confident that whosoever is accessing your website will be getting the view you intended.
Kendo UI is Supported on :
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/Server 03,08 R1, R2 (32,64 bit editions)
- Mac OS X+
- Android 2.0+
- iOS 3.0+
- Blackberry 6.0+
- HP WebOS 2.2 +
Now lets talk about licensing of Kendo UI, the three license available are :
- 30 days free trial with full feature set of Kendo UI
- There is also a open source license available which is suitable for GPL compatible projects. GPL v3.0
- Commercial Licence
for more info visit Kendo UI.
Download and Install
Stay tuned for next post on how to add it in your web page.